Join the GAFP Journal Club – October 19, 2020 as we discuss two recent key journal articles: The association of menopausal hormone therapy with breast cancer and the Impact of social and clinical complexity on diabetes control measures.
The GAFP Virtual Journal Club, is a free benefit to all members! Each one-hour forum will help participants stay current of research findings, exercise their critical thinking skills, and engage in scholarly discussions. During the session, journal articles vetted by the GAFP’s Education and Research Committee will be critically evaluated, exposing the study’s strengths and weaknesses. Presenters and participants may receive up to 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and *1.0 AAFP Prescribed Credits for their participation in each Virtual Journal Club session.
October 19, 2020 at 7:00 pm | Register
- Association of Menopausal Hormone Therapy with Breast Cancer Incidence and Mortality During Long-term Follow-up of the Women’s Health Initiative Randomized Clinical Trials
- The Impact of Social and Clinical Complexity on Diabetes Control Measures
- Chin-Hen Chang, MD (WellStar AMC Family Medicine Residency Program)
- Nhi-Kieu Nguyen, DO (NGMC Family Medicine Residency Program)
Robert L. Addleton, EdD, Principal, Leadership in Practice
How to Submit an Abstract
Interested in presenting? The Education and Research Committee is still accepting abstract submissions. All current resident member or a faculty member from a Georgia family medicine residency program are invited and eligible to submit abstracts to present. There is no limit to the number of articles that may be submitted, however only 12 articles and presenters will be selected. Abstract submission details may be found by clicking here.
Facilitation of discussion qualifies as part of a Resident’s quarterly research activity.
How to Attend
Please use the registration links below to join the online forums. Early registration is recommended as registration is limited.
October 26, 2020 at 7:00 pm | Register
- Racism as Experienced by Physicians of Color in the Health Care Setting
Presented by Brittany Barthelemy, D.O, Northeast Georgia Medical Center
- Effects of Implementing a Comprehensive Opioid Reduction Protocol on Overall Opioid Prescribing Among Patients with Chronic, Non-Cancer Pain in a Rural Family Medicine Clinic: A Controlled Cross-over Trial
Presented by Linu Joseph, MD, NGMC FM Residency
Available Journal Club Openings
- November 9, 2020 at 7:00 pm | Register
- December 14, 2020 at 7:00pm | Register
For questions regarding registration or abstract submissions, please contact Angela Flanigan, GAFP Chief Operating Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Virtual Journal Club CME activity is supported by an educational grant from the American Board of Family Medicine.
*Approved for 1.0 Prescribed Credit